Search This Blog

Monday 21 May 2018

ATTITUDES TO WEALTH

ATTITUDES TO WEALTH

Once upon a time, I used to work for a £ Multi Millionaire.
He had come to England from Eastern Europe in the 1930s to escape the advancing Nazi forces who were about to invade his Country. He was certainly not a sponger. He was a strong willed man and he at once started to build a company selling office supplies. This company eventually grew into a Public Company on the London Stock Exchange. He became a
£ Multi Millionaire in the 1960s.

One day, I asked him - “ What is it like being
a £ Multi Millionaire ?”
His answer was very profound. I have never forgotten it.
He said.....” I can only eat 3 meals a day like you. I can only sleep in one bed at a time like you, I can only drive one car at a time like you. I can only fly on an aeroplane and sit in one seat at a time like you. I can only marry one woman at a time like you. I can only wear one suit at a time like you.So, you see Ray, I am very much like you ! “

Of course, he was right.
As long as you have a reasonable amount of money to live a good life, you do not need to store up Millions and Millions of pounds.
I am not a £ Millionaire but I live a happy life full of achievements.
I do not want to be a Celebrity, famous and worshipped by the followers of glutinous wealth. I feel as successful and content in my own right. I am a Volunteer and I prefer to give rather than to receive. Yes, I too can only eat 3 meals a day, sleep peacefully in one bed at a time, drive one car at a time, fly in one plane at a time, just like the £ Multi Millionaire entrepreneur from Eastern Europe.
Good health, a happy marriage, a devoted family make me 
a “ Billionaire,” 

THINK ABOUT THIS and put your life into perspective.
You do not have to join the Super rich. Most of them worry to much about their wealth, think they that they are superior to the rest of us and thrive to collect more and more money.

FOR WHAT ?


No comments:

Post a Comment