Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 November 2018

THE MAY BREXIT DEAL

THE MAY BREXIT DEAL
May be this or it May be that..........

I must admit that I am confused - not because I am losing my cognitive faculties but because I am getting mixed messages from the Politicians.
Here are the reasons for my confusion......

President Trump has expressed doubts about a future trade deal with the UK but we already trade with the USA via the EU.
Theresa May - whom I highly regard as a wonderful woman - has spent 2 years trying hard to negotiate with the EU but she has failed to finalise a Trade Deal in these 2 years. Cabinet Ministers have said We will get a new frictionless deal. Wishful thinking.
The fact is we have NOT got a Trade deal.

The agreement with the EU about the future is as flexible as it can be. No firm agreement. Fantasy land.
It is because of this failure that I now would vote against the agreement unless there are amendments.
The Government spokesmen say We have protected our Fishing Industry. This appears to be wrong. In any case. Macron has said he will vote any future deal down unless the French Fishermen can fish as at present.

There is so much woolly thinking about Trade.
Can we or can’t we deal with the USA .

Here is my other concern.........

At present the UK trades with the World via the EU who act as a strong negotiating team.
Do you think the EU would like the U.K. to compete with them ? No.
That is why, the future Trade Deal would say...The UK must not offer better deals than the EU.
The UK cannot leave the short term Trade deal without
the EU agrees. Is this true ?

So, I am now a Doubter.

Where do we go from here......Does anyone know ?







No comments:

Post a Comment